Nobunaga’s Ambition Realized: Dawn of a New Rising Sun

Now that is interesting. With how the Japanese army is revamped, I am sure that they will somewhat prepared for the war of the Spanish succession. I'm just curious on how things go, since Japan could very much be bribed with Manila by France,
This is especially relevant given that with the loss of the northern half and the Moro Sultanate still being a thing, I could really see the French just giving away what they see as a undesirable colony surrounded by hostile powers in exchange for having the Japanese on their side, especially given by that time, the spices the East Indies produced weren't as valuable as they had been before so the French wouldn't mind the Japanese controlling/having heavy influence over Indonesia as they would focus more on India as well as having formal ties with the Indochinese countries such as Siam and Vietnam

On the rest of the weapons I'm a bit concerned that Japan is only using plug bayonets even though it seems to be the more reliable option compared to socket bayonets. I think they'd quickly have to switch to socket bayonets with the problems that the usage of yarn and plug bayonets have.
A thought occurred to me: With the increasing use of Levy infantry and if a professional army forms, I wondering if a proto/pseudo-Banzai charge can form out of wave attacks
Okay, to further elaborate more about the Proto-Banzai Charge tactic idea, the best equivalent I can think of is OTL Swedish Carloean tactics, were it an emphasis on a shock charges and aggression, where they get up close, fire volleys from their muskets, and then charge with pikes and swords.

Maybe a similar doctrine can form out of combination of Ashigaru musketeers and Yari Ashigaru, focusing on shock and aggression against the enemy troops.

Seems pertinent to join with the anti-bourbon forces, considering the possiblity of seizing more Philippine territory. Then again, joining with the bourbons could pose an interesting opportunity for other colonial ventures in the East Indies.

Joining the Dutch would be the obvious conclusion. They can take the Philippines in victory without any great threat in defeat. France simply doesn't have the naval might to threaten Japan.

If Japan sides with France and the French-aligned side wins the Bourbon Wars, could we see territorial acquisition in the Asia-Pacific Region? Say Dutch controlled areas of Indonesia handed over to the French?

And if yes then what might the French call their new colonial holdings?

Seems pertinent to join with the anti-bourbon forces, considering the possiblity of seizing more Philippine territory. Then again, joining with the bourbons could pose an interesting opportunity for other colonial ventures in the East Indies.
Think about the possibility of portions of the Spice Trade controlled by Azuchi (or more controlled).

Joining the Dutch would be the obvious conclusion. They can take the Philippines in victory without any great threat in defeat. France simply doesn't have the naval might to threaten Japan.
If Japan sides with France and the French-aligned side wins the Bourbon Wars, could we see territorial acquisition in the Asia-Pacific Region? Say Dutch controlled areas of Indonesia handed over to the French?

And if yes then what might the French call their new colonial holdings?
Think about the possibility of portions of the Spice Trade controlled by Azuchi (or more controlled).
Yeah, that's basically the divided thing here, as frankly siding with whomever will benefit Azuchi in the end.

Siding with Dutch and therefore Anti-Bourbons means being able to attack Spanish Philippines, which is closer to home and allows for easier resources and possibly easier to integrate. Though, the problem I see is if the Habsburgs win and gain Spain, they're going to want the Philippines back. Also, another problem I see with taking expulsing the Spanish from the Manila means a disruption of the Manila-Acapulco Trade

Siding with the French Pro-Bourbons means being to attack the Dutch in the East Indies. Controlling basically means monopolizing the Spice Trade. Another possibility is that this opens more avenues to India.

I kinda see with the Europeans trying to court Japan into the war is that it'll be letting the Genie out of the Bottle, given that Japan will be cracking skulls and taking someone's territory in Asia, no matter what side. Unless they can rope in another Asian power like China or Korea, but that's probably unlikely.

There also another thing to consider: The war in Europe, as IOTL, the Joseph I died in the middle of it, making Charles VI the heir to both Spain and Austria, which didn't go well for the Anti-Bourbon alliance, since they didn't want Charles V 2: Electro Bugaloo.

Given that there are changes to the War such as Brandenburg being Neutral, we'll have to see how that's develop.

Shogun 2 meme - Levy Infantry are the weakest gunpowder unit in the game and easily routed.
On second thought, correction: gunpowder infantry is partially levy ashigaru-based, the elite units are samurai and are raised first. So for example, there were levies during the Asiatic Northern War but none for the Ezo campaign or the anti-Yebusu Amur intervention.
come to think of it — hasn't Sakai and other cities found themselves in a great fire or two already?
I might need to course correct on this one but it seems most of the great fires were in Edo IOTL (and apparently a ton in Nagasaki too). They were two major earthquakes tho.
Okay, to further elaborate more about the Proto-Banzai Charge tactic idea, the best equivalent I can think of is OTL Swedish Carloean tactics, were it an emphasis on a shock charges and aggression, where they get up close, fire volleys from their muskets, and then charge with pikes and swords.

Maybe a similar doctrine can form out of combination of Ashigaru musketeers and Yari Ashigaru, focusing on shock and aggression against the enemy troops.
The Japanese infantry was tactically Carolean in many ways from the mid-17th century onwards.