As Dreamers Do Part Deux

For those wondering, Toy Story 3 will be the last Pixar film to be released with the Touchstone logo.

Starting with Cars 2 in 2011, this is what you'll see at the beginning...

NOTE: As the Chuck Roven era begins, some Henson-branded titles might not use the crane-drop gag in the logo depending on the subject matter. The variant seen above will likely be limited to family-friendly comedies.

Below is the variant you'll see on Henson-branded flicks that dabble in mature topics. Under Roven, the Touchstone Pictures and Dimension Films logos will now be limited to films with either a T (PG-13 IOTL) or R rating.

Dear Tiffany,
Has anyone tried to sneak curse words in Disney-branded films?

Nikita Davis
Oakland, California

PS: Tell Joyce I miss her. We went to middle school together.

Tiffany Disney
"Multiple times under my Dad's watch."

"Dual-branded films are where we're able to really get away with mild language."

"The first TMNT live action film, Raph says 'damn' a couple times."

"I think it was D2 that Gus St. Pierre's Dave Karp says 'shit' under his breath when reacting to a body check along the plexiglass during the game against Iceland."

"BUT...Rachel Stone-Abbott wanted Ariel say 'I'm sixteen years old, you son of a fish' when she argues with Triton. Jack Valenti, then head of the MPAA, told Dad to re-edit that line so that The Little Mermaid could still have a G rating. Instead, Ariel says 'I'm sixteen years old. I'm not a child.'"​

"BUT...Rachel Stone-Abbott wanted Ariel say 'I'm sixteen years old, you son of a fish' when she argues with Triton. Jack Valenti, then head of the MPAA, told Dad to re-edit that line so that The Little Mermaid could still have a G rating. Instead, Ariel says 'I'm sixteen years old. I'm not a child.'"​
Yeah, I think Jack Valenti may be right on this one. Even though Disney was dubbing Ranma 1/2 at the time, another late-80s property starring a feisty redhead and cold water, alluding to a curse word in a mainline animated movie might be going too far.

As was previously mentioned, Disney licensed the basic cable rights to Cinderella (1950) along with Fantasia (1940) and a few other animated classics out to Turner Network Television (TNT) from 1990 thru 1994.

Here's an example of how a 1990 primetime airing of Cinderella on TNT would start.

1993 and '94 primetime airings started with this intro:

@TheFaultsofAlts

MV5BMTYxNzIwMTc5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzY3MDIz._V1_.jpg

Jack Valenti (Former MPAA president in a 1990 Interview)
"I politely said to Walt...Walt Junior of course...that in my opinion...Ariel's minced oath in the first act was much more suited to a Warners' cartoon than the type of animated films that people around the world come to expect from his family's studio."

Notes:
Valenti still passed away in 2007 ITTL.

5c0d0077d0d0be9d9d6714fea7cbdfa8.jpg

Rachel Stone-Abbott (Photo above from the latest TIME magazine which features an article on Rachel's involvement with the Bozo revival)
"The Little Mermaid was my last Disney project before I left to join Tom Ruegger at Warners where I did Tiny Toons, Taz-Mania, Daisy-Head Mayzie and Animaniacs."

"At first, I was a bit disappointed my 'son of a fish' line that I wrote didn't make the final cut. But since then, I've had time to reflect that maybe the MPAA made the right call when they asked Walt to tidy things up for that coveted G rating."

Notes
As of September 2010 ITTL, Rachel is 49 and will turn 50 in February 2011.​

megamind is coming out in november. I feel that there should be some more 2d animated films not made by Diseny. Perphas megamind should be 2d. Other dream works that should poosbilly be 2d include home troll captin underpants and the croods i just go this Nutty idea of the croods being a mix of 2d and 3d animation. The croods are 2d and guy and the betterment from croods 2 are 3d.

Oh yeah, how's Rachel and Daniel doing as of Fall 2010?

Sir Daniel Abbott assigned Eric Goldberg and Burny Mattinson to oversee Disney's shorts for the Bozo revivial. Mattinson is the longest active employee at Walt Disney Classic Animation as of September 2010 ITTL.

Rachel is now in post-production on National Treasure 3: The Edge of History.

Sir Daniel Abbott assigned Eric Goldberg and Burny Mattinson to oversee Disney's shorts for the Bozo revivial. Mattinson is the longest active employee at Walt Disney Classic Animation as of September 2010 ITTL.

Rachel is now in post-production on National Treasure 3: The Edge of History.
I hope Rachel or Daniel will make their own cartoon. I got an idea that I think is right up racel alley. It is called the regin of queen. It follows queen Joslyn’s as she apepts to dig her kingdom out the gutter after her let it go to ruin during their petty power struggle over the throne. One brother did mange to take the throne but he was an incompetent tyrant who got assinate. Jossyln also has to deal with a bunch of scheming dishonest courtiers. At least jossynl has some loyal friends in the form of the a trusty garden a loyal but dumb bodyguard a clever I tie the rat catcher and a court fool who 10 times wiser and better at magic then the pompus court wizard. I perviously used this Saturday morning cartoon game but I don,t mind it being reused

Oldnavy have you ever heard of the novel Bill the Galtic hero. It is a farm boy who is shanghaied into joining the sapace army. He has a miserbal time in bootcamp and then assigned a lowly technician job on the imperial flag ship. Bill winds up acidently fire the ship and destroys an emney fleet. He declared a hero and sent to the captial to get a medal. Hower he acidently miss the transport to the ceremony and his decalred awol. Since being awol is a captial offence Bill has to run for life. He gets caught but a lawye agures that since the capital doubles as milary base Bill wasn't awol. Bill is convectied of the lesser crime of sleeping at his post and punished by having to serve as an army recuritor. The book ends with Bill shanghing his own brother. Follow this link for more information (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill,_the_Galactic_Hero). Alex cob bought the film rights in 1983 but he couldn't a studio willing to fund the project. Years later when he was teaching flim classes he remeamber he still owned the film rights and he convied service of his students to make a flim out of it a class project. Do you think that it possble that Alex sell the film atl during the 2010 and a big bugget bill the galtic hero gets made

You said that bally is aggerivse trying to boost it childern for hbo family. Here a goofy idea. They own magic moutin so why not make a a cartoon based on magic moutin old mascot troll king bleep bloop and wizard. Perhaps they should put the old masoct of other old parks they possilby in sperpate segents on the show. They own worlds of fun and htey had a panda mascot in the 80 and ealry 90's